Sound Devices A20-RX-XLR Digital Wireless Receiver with SpectraBand TechnologyManufacturer: Sound Devices
any A10-TX and A20-Mini."
Experience ultimate flexibility as you find open spectrum away from the crowded UHF TV band. The A20-RX two channel true diversity receiver features industry-exclusive SpectraBand technology, which delivers a tuning range of 470 – 1525 MHz in a single unit. Superior low-loss, brick-wall SAW filters deliver excellent performance in noisy RF environments, while the AutoAssign feature makes frequency selection and setting quick and easy.
- SpectraBand Technology: compatible with the A20-Mini from 470 MHz – 1525 MHz and all tuning ranges of the A10-TX.
- Advanced Digital True Diversity topology uses two complete RF receivers for each of the two channels, with four RF receivers in total.
- SuperSlot compatible with the SL-2 and 8-Series mixer-recorders.
- State-of-the-art 100% digital long-range modulation delivers the longest transmission distance of any digital system on the market.¹
- GainForward Architecture compatible with the A20-Mini. Set the Mini’s gain levels via trim control (with an 8-Series) or at the A20-RX (for other mixers).
- Full 10 Hz – 20 kHz audio bandwidth; 100% digital RF modulation and transmission.
- Excellent immunity from nearby IFB or camera hop transmitters without the need for external filters or extra cabling.
- Maximum connectivity: SuperSlot, XLR, and TA3 (coming soon) backplates, A-RXMON headphone amp, and A-15PIN two-channel AES Sony camera slot adapter.
- Analog line-level or AES digital audio output.
With SpectraBand technology, you won’t need to purchase another receiver dedicated to a specific country or frequency band. SpectraBand gives you access to nearly twice the frequencies available with other systems worldwide – almost 2600 available channels.
The A20-RX’s AutoAssign scans a tuning band and selects available frequencies for you – perfect for any fast-paced shoot. Meanwhile, brick-wall SAW filters eliminate out-of-band interference so you can get the best RF performance possible. Enjoy immunity from nearby IFB or camera hop transmitters without the need for external filters or extra cabling.
¹ When comparing systems with same transmit power, same antennas, and same transmission frequency.
- 470 to 1525 MHz
- SpectraBand Technology
- Transmitters tunable in 25 kHz steps
- Available frequencies depend on country of operation
- Proprietary digital RF modulation
- Standard or Long Range, selectable
- Standard modulation = 2 ms
- Long Range modulation = 3.9 ms
- Measured at analog output
Audio Frequency Response
- 10 Hz–20 kHz
Maximum Output Level
- +14 dBu, +2 dBu, -10 dBu, or -22 dBu, menu-selectable, with a 0 dBFS signal at the transmitter input, 130 ohms output impedance
Digital Audio Output
- AES3 balanced connection, 110 ohms output impedance, left=channel 1, right=channel 2
Menu and Controls
- OLED menu display, 3 button navigation
- User settable 4-digit PIN
- 6–18 VDC
Operating Temperature Range
- -10 °C to +55 °C
- 165 g, 5.8 oz, Measured without backplate accessories
Dimensions(H x W x D)
- 113.7 mm x 78.5 mm x 26.6 mm, 4.48 in x 3.09 in x 1.05 in, Measured without backplate accessories
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Free Shipping & Expediting
Ask about our direct ship options to expedite your order. All orders include free standard shipping to most destinations on the continental United States.